Modern dating encompasses all types of dating apps and websites, as well as the important role social media plays in our love lives. Whether you’re looking for love on Tinder or preparing to meet your soul mate at a singles event, there’s a lot to keep in mind. Here’s your guide to modern dating for 2013.
1. Age. Modern dating can be a great way to meet new people of all ages. Don’t worry, people won’t ask to borrow your baby wipes in between swipes. While age may be an intimidating subject, most people are happy to discuss their own lives. Plus, if you go to a singles event where everyone is of a similar age, you’ll find it easier to chat about how things are going in your own life.
2. Location. Living in New York means you often have to venture to the outer boroughs to meet people. However, even in cities where it’s easier to meet people, don’t forget to pick the right venue. It can be frustrating to show up to a singles event only to find the only other singles are middle aged, married couples. You may need to make a special trip to the singles bar.
3. The App. There are dozens of different dating apps, and people use them for different reasons. The three most commonly used dating apps are Tinder, Happn, and Bumble. If you’re a little more experienced in the world of dating apps, try out OkCupid. If you’re a little more adventurous, you can also try Grindr. Check out each app for a link to the Android or iPhone version.
4. Say Yes. The idea that you should say “no” to a date can be a tricky one for many people. However, there’s a good reason you should avoid saying “no” to a first date. When you say no to a date, you miss an opportunity to find out how a person acts in general. A first date can be as important as the next to find out if you two are suited for each other. Plus, if your gut says you want to say “yes,” then what’s the harm in you going a little further than your gut to figure out if this person is someone you want to spend the rest of your life with?
5. Plan Ahead. When it comes to modern dating, you’re probably too busy to plan a minute ahead of time. You might be at a singles event looking at a hottie when all of a sudden https://adult-online-ads.net/inf_articles/how-to-make-your-one-night-hookup-interested-and-get-laid.xhtml
No one starts out perfect: If you think you’re perfectly qualified for the job of dating someone, you probably aren’t. If you don’t feel the need to change much about yourself in order to get what you want out of a relationship, you might be a little bit of a charmer and that can make a big difference.
Think, first and foremost, about what you want out of the dating game and work to do better than others in order to reach your goal. For example, if you’re looking to get serious with someone, you might have to date a lot of people in order to find the one. Treat every date as a chance to make an impression and have fun—you’re not in a sales convention, so don’t come across as pushy or phony. (Seriously, if you’re the sort of person who shies away from meeting anyone new, you’re probably shooting yourself in the foot in the dating department. Making new friends is a big part of having a fulfilling life.)
What does this mean for guys?
It’s true that in modern society women still outnumber men when it comes to the workplace. But the way we treat each other has changed, and treating women like objects is frowned upon. Men still exist in a world of females, but society gives them more benefits. So don’t treat women like objects: Yes, this means being attentive and respectful and treating them as equals, but it also means appreciating the additional opportunities women have and not treating them like dum-dums who can’t do math (or do math right).
Okay, if this is all too intimidating and daunting, what do I do?
A lot of people will say that dating is a numbers game and you need to see what’s out there and then narrow down your search. Once you’ve done that, you’re essentially looking for a match, so if you find one that appeals to you, you should pay attention to that person for a while in order to see if he’s someone you would be happy to spend some time with.
If you’re a good catch, you can establish a relationship with someone without a lot of awkwardness. The downside is that if you’re looking for true love, it may take more time than you’d prefer.
Get to know someone. If you’ve already met a guy or girl online, you can get to know someone over several in-person meetings. There is a fine line